Thursday, August 04, 2011

Fresh Milk Vs Formula Milk

I have been trying to do research on which of these two I should get my kids to drink. I know that in some countries especially in the Western, formula milk is not popular to toddler and only commonly given to babies under 12 month old. I live in Indonesia, and on the contrary formula milk is commonly given to toddlers up to age 5 or 6.

It is not that hard to find articles or readings on the net about this topic, but to find a credible one is kinda hard. The best that I can find is Transitioning to Whole Milk or Toddler Formula. I believe it is right that formula milk is not essential and as important as the advertisement or as the company suggested. I once asked my kids' pediatrician if breast milk is enough for my baby during his second year (age 12-24 months), and he said it is enough and formula milk is not essential. He also suggested that a cup of yogurt or a slice of cheese can substitute.

All the expert are suggesting that the formula milk is not needed because the kids are supposedly eating a solid and healthy food already. What if my kids aren't eating the right food yet that they aren't getting enough nutrients, vitamins, etc.?

Still cannot decide but I guess I have to come up with something soon :)

No comments: